Monday, May 14, 2012

Wk 3 Leadership Project Hub

Month 11 Week 3

Leadership Project Hub


My Leadership Project includes me formatting the research information on my website to make it ready for publication.

The special education students that I encounter have a hard time writing quality and quantity essays during the Writing Block.  I believed that playing instrumental music during that period would help to motivate and inspire them to write better quality and quantity essays in response to the prompts given by their teacher.  The students first filled out a questionnaire to determine the types of music they enjoyed and their opinions of their writing when responding to the prompts.  Playing instrumental was during the Writing Block was done in 2 cycles. Cycle 1 lasted about 2 to 3 weeks and the data was analyzed. The data was inconclusive and I could not say that playing instrumental music motivated the targeted students to write any more during that time.  I realized also that students needed more direct instructions than they were receiving.  For Cycle 2, I decided to add music with words and to offer my assistance to help them brainstorm if I was asked. Once again, the data did not prove my hypothesis that playing instrumental music would motivate and inspire students to write more during the Writing Block. I am going to apply to                                            to see if they will accept my research for publication.

Here are the links to my previous blogs about my Leadership Project:

Week 1- Leadership Blog- http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=6765590661455338928#editor/target=post;postID=4022589077883808655

Week 2- How's the Leadership Project coming along? - http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=6765590661455338928#editor/target=post;postID=8403617486961062027

Here's the link to my Leadership Project in Google Docs formatted for publication-
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DHVV3vg7PjoyzN2s5LNcCj_6hTPSaJE3olVGvxXS5n4/edit


May 15th
I really appreciated the feedback I received from my fellow cohorts and Professor Bustillo.  I received suggestions I never thought of... Some of that will be a part of my perfect 'Cycle 3'. This cycle will be implemented from the beginning of the year and as was suggested, I will use: music from the 60s, Classical, Blues, Jazz along with what I have used already.  As this will be a yearlong 'activity', there will be plenty of time to introduce as much genres as possible.  It would be interesting to note which type (if any) produce the greatest amounts of writing.

1 comment:

  1. Great project idea, I look forward to reading through your document.

    ReplyDelete