Sunday, May 13, 2012

Wk 2 Leadership Project

Month 11 Wk 2

How's the Leadership Project coming along?

I had decided to publish my work and I have found that taking the information I have on my website http://hyattnykoli.wordpress.com/
and converting it to a document worthy or ready for publication is no easy feat.  It is a lot of (stressful) work and so I've found that I cannot do this alone.  I have asked friends for advice on everything from editing, looking to see if I have missed anything in transferring the data from one forum to the other and everything in between.

I am so grateful for good, faithful friends but I will be glad when this is all over. This is a work in progress and so here is the link to the beginning of that worthy document for publication.   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DHVV3vg7PjoyzN2s5LNcCj_6hTPSaJE3olVGvxXS5n4/edit

I have decided I would rather publish my research but I haven't decided on exactly where. However, I looked at American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE) . I liked their mission statement.  They didn't just speak of teachers, but 'school personnel'.  Which indicated to me that they are about reaching what I call the 'whole' child. Sometimes we forget that teachers are not the only ones who interact with students.  I am especially in agreement with the following statement- AACTE believes in consensus-building through open and free-flowing dialogue on education matters, consistent support for diverse learners, and serving as a principal authority on issues pertaining to teacher quality. (http://aacte.org/About-Us/Who-We-Are/who-we-are.html)


I also looked at Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT), one because of the technological aspect. Although my research wasn't the kind of 'technology' I think they are referring to, I believed it involved enough that I may stand a chance. The AECT also laid claim to be the only scholarly journal in the field focusing entirely on research and development in educational technology. (http://www.aect.org/intranet/publications/index.asp)


Last week, I had two other sites in mind. I know I will have to narrow it down soon.

2 comments:

  1. Very, very smart move to have friends give you their perspective on your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Professor,
    I need it, it is a much more complicated task than I thought.

    ReplyDelete