Friday, May 4, 2012

Wk 1 Another response



Hi Duwaine,

While I believe I understand where you are coming from, one question I have for you is, "The musicians you know, are they hungry because of what these people have done?" It is true that I am not in their shoes to know what they go through, but with such technology out there coupled with all the information, it was bound to happen.

It's interesting that you should mention lesson plans, for how do you know what's being done with your lesson plans once they're on the Internet or you give them to a fellow colleague?

I think Creative Commons may offer the balance. Want do you think? It is mind boggling to me how creative and just pure genius some of these lawbreakers, pirates, what ever they're called are... Everybody needs to 'eat'.

Peace


I commented on Duwaine Jenkins' post--



WK 1 Copyright Issues-information overload


Copyright issues, coupled with the economy and people’s beliefs of what should be shared are reaching all time highs. In Good Copy Bad Copy, the part-time DJ mixed three genres of music from different eras all in the span of thirty seconds! Gone are the days of listening to your favorite songs on the radio and saving them on your cassette tape. “We have been almost forced to do it,” stated the DJ named Girl Talk. Young people in the UK also feel that way.
Dr. Lawrence Ferrara of NYU stated that the technique called sampling has taken over the market.
It was also interesting to see what is not covered internationally. In Sweden, American songs that come over the airways are fair game to their music pirates and they could care less. They challenged the industry by asking where should they send the invoice.
In Brazil, the methods they use to change the background of the song or bass line would make most musicians cringe even though the public enjoys it.
My personal opinion from being around a few musicians is that this is how they eat. When I thought about, I wouldn’t want anyone to take my lesson plan for class, change a few words and make a living off of my work.
Isn’t it interesting that one video started off asking for a donation stating that it was not free?

No comments:

Post a Comment